[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”121514″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
During this full day of training Jane Considine will explore how to create an effective whole school reading curriculum for primary schools. Jane will provide guidance on how to foster a ‘we love reading’ ethic alongside regular interactive reading sessions, focusing on ways to teach the mechanics of reading and the magic of the written word.
This training will explore concepts and ideas featured in Jane Considine’s best selling book, Hooked on Books. This includes detailed explanations and examples of Book Talk, a high impact alternative to Guided Reading.
“Over the past two years, our school has fully embedded ‘Book Talk’ into daily practice from Reception to year 6. As a result, progress scores were in the top 5% of all schools nationally for reading in 2017. Our work with Jane Considine has been fundamental in our school’s progress and our children’s outcomes, helping the school’s Ofsted rating go from Inadequate to GOOD in 3 years. Thank you! ”
Mark Richards, Headteacher of St John’s C of E Primary School, Dorking.
- Discover how to build a reading culture and community that cares about reading.
- Learn how to improve engagement, standards and the assessment of reading.
- Discuss the impact of gender and books; consider how publishers reinforce stereotypes and how the profession must counteract this.
- Explore how to close the national divide in boys’ underachievement, target the three national weaknesses in pupils reading and build capacity in the structuring of ideas, analysis of text and depth of understanding.
- Understand how to use ‘Book Talk’ and the ‘Reading Rainbow’ to deliver whole class, differentiated reading sessions that ensure every child makes progress.
- Sharpen teaching practice and understand how to deliberately teach the language needed to talk and write about books.
- Recognise how high utility words will enhance, deepen and strengthen a pupil’s ability to talk about texts in a cohesive way.
ABOUT JANE CONSIDINE
Jane Considine, author of The Write Stuff and Hooked on Books, has provided education consultancy to schools for over 18 years. Her expertise in the teaching of literacy has enabled her to help teachers all over the UK to raise the outcomes of their pupils. Jane’s presentation style, combined with her in-depth knowledge, ignites enthusiasm in teachers and pupils alike.
THIS INSET CAN BE BOOKED FOR WHOLE SCHOOL TRAINING OR A CLUSTER EVENT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST A QUOTE OR CHECK AVAILABILITY, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.
CALL: 01536 410078 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BOOKING THIS TRAINING FOR YOUR SCHOOL?
Click the button to send us an email and we will get back to you with a quote.
Please include your location, preferred dates and the number of delegates and schools that will be involved.[/vc_column_text][mk_button size=”large” bg_color=”#fae900″ text_color=”dark” url=”mailto:email@example.com?subject=Hooked on Books INSET”]Click here to request a date![/mk_button][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]