This one day course will provide a clear overview of Jane Considine’s systems and will sharpen the teaching of writing in classrooms across the primary phase. Jane will provide step by step guidance on how to teach writing with awareness of audience, purpose and context, and with an increasingly wide knowledge of vocabulary. Jane will also demonstrate how to build units of work that develop logically over time and empower your pupils to reach their full writing potential.
This course will explore concepts and ideas featured in Jane Considine’s best-selling book, The Write Stuff. This includes detailed explanations of the Three Zones of Writing, Sentence Stacking and Deepen the Moment.
.”Over the past two years, our school has fully embedded ‘The Write Stuff’ into daily practice from Reception to year 6. As a result, progress scores were in the top 5% of all schools nationally for writing in 2017. Our work with Jane Considine has been fundamental in our school’s progress and our children’s outcomes, helping the school’s Ofsted rating go from Inadequate to GOOD in 3 years. Thank you! ”
Mark Richards, Headteacher of St John’s C of E Primary School, Dorking.
- Examine effective ways to teach writing composition, integrating teacher modelling, supported practice and opportunities for independence.
- Understand a range of strategies and dynamic components that work together to put pupils in the best place to succeed.
- Develop a shared understanding of the ‘The Three Zones of Writing’ and the positive impact they will have on teaching and learning.
- Strengthen subject knowledge of vocabulary, sentence structure and grammatical techniques to ensure pupils reach greater depth.
- Understand the power of the ‘slow reveal’ for story and ‘reveal all’ approach for non-fiction.
- Explore in detail how to build logical units of work that build writing over time, developing both pupil’s writing stamina and high quality outcomes.
- Understand how to effectively support children’s transition from guided, teacher modelled sessions to independent writing, enabling pupils to apply their learning and demonstrate their writing creativity.
- Develop an understanding of the important role editing plays in the writing process and effective strategies to help pupils use these skills in the classroom.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Teaching Assistants
- Key stage 1 & 2 Teachers
- English Subject Leaders
- Curriculum Managers
- Senior Leaders
- Head Teachers/ Principals
ABOUT JANE CONSIDINE
Jane Considine, author of The Write Stuff and Hooked on Books, has provided education consultancy to schools for over 18 years. Her expertise in the teaching of literacy has enabled her to help teachers all over the UK to raise the outcomes of their pupils. Jane’s presentation style, combined with her in-depth knowledge, ignites enthusiasm in teachers and pupils alike.
If you have any questions about this course, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Call: 01536 410078
Special Booking Offer
Book four delegates from the same school on one conference and only pay for three places. Discount will be applied to your invoice.