[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”109700″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
A series of six network meetings set across the next academic year (2018 – 2019). These meetings will focus on the latest developments in the teaching of reading and writing across the primary age phase. They will support subject leaders to develop their skills & knowledge, learn from new & innovative practice and find out about the latest national and local updates.
Please note: These free network meetings are open to all Primary Literacy Leaders to attend – together we have a wealth of knowledge!
PURPOSE OF THE LITERACY LEADER NETWORK MEETINGS
- Develop a greater understanding of the role of Literacy Subject Leader.
- Keep up to date with agendas for development at national and local levels.
- Provide opportunities to discuss and share good practice in the teaching of reading and writing.
- Receive guidance and updates from Jane Considine regarding developments with The Write Stuff and Book Talk systems.
- Meet with representatives from other schools that are using Jane Considine’s systems, enabling discussions surrounding effective teaching and learning.
- Explore opportunities to become part of research groups and working parties to focus on resource development.
WHO ARE THESE NETWORK MEETINGS FOR?
- Key stage 1 & 2 Teachers
- English Subject Leaders
- Curriculum Managers
- Senior Leaders
ABOUT LYANNE YOUNG
Lyanne Young is the Education Development Officer here at The Training Space. She is an experienced Deputy Headteacher with a proven record in whole school improvement. She has coached and mentored subject leaders, individual teachers and NQTS to develop their skills and improve their practice. Once described by an HMI inspector as a naturally gifted teacher, she has a creative approach to teaching and learning and is keen to share her wealth of experience to support others.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]