THE TRAINING SPACE LTD
TERMS OF BUSINESS
These Terms of Business form a legal and binding contract between The Training Space Ltd and the person, school, business or other organisation (hereafter referred to as ‘The Client’). Receipt of any booking request will be confirmed by the issue of an invoice. Unconfirmed bookings (where an invoice has not been issued) are not guaranteed. Verbal and telephone provisional bookings will be held for up to 7 working days.
- The Training Space Ltd consultants deliver Continuing Professional Development and training at independent venues and venues arranged or dictated by The Client. Hereafter, ‘Conference’ describes any event where The Training Space organises the venue and/or other associated aspects. Hereafter, ‘INSET’ describes any event where The Training Space consultants deliver training and associated documentation but do not organise other aspects.
1.1 The Client is advised that The Training Space Ltd will endeavour to make The Client aware of the fee structures at the time of booking. The only variations thereafter should relate to an INSET, where the final number of delegates and any expenses (which should ideally have been agreed in advance with the consultant delivering training), may differ on the day of the event. The Training Space Ltd reserves the right to charge for the travelling time of our consultants to and from your premises and for time spent at our premises or elsewhere which is specifically related to your affairs. Any charges will be itemised and receipts provided as appropriate and when requested.
- CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS POLICY – CONFERENCES If The Client wishes to cancel their place(s) on a conference, The Training Space Ltd must be informed in writing no less than 30 days prior to the conference, to prevent The Client from incurring charges. If The Client wishes to cancel their place(s) on a conference between 30 and 7 days before a conference, the cancellation notice must be submitted in writing and a 25% administration fee will be applied. If cancellations occur less than seven days prior to a conference taking place, full charges apply. Please note that course fees cannot be refunded due to non-attendance on the day. Even if the conference place is ‘free’, please submit a cancellation notice in writing. Exceptions to these timescales and charges are entirely at the discretion of The Training Space Ltd. A ‘Transfer’ of a booking maybe made to another agreed date, subject to availability and at the discretion of The Training Space Ltd, however we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of 10% for alterations.
- CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS POLICY – INSET If The Client wishes to cancel an INSET, The Training Space Ltd must be informed in writing no less than 30 days prior to the event or at the earliest opportunity. At the time of booking, a deposit may have been taken to confirm the date, in the event of a cancellation, no monies will be returned. Please note that fees will not be refunded due to non-attendance of delegates on the day. Exceptions to these timescales and charges are entirely at the discretion of The Training Space Ltd. A ‘Transfer’ of a booking maybe made to another agreed date, subject to availability and at the discretion of The Training Space Ltd, however we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of 10% for alterations.
- INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE The Training Space Ltd reserves the right to cancel a Conference or INSET booking at anytime. If an event is cancelled any monies which have been received by The Training Space Ltd from The Client will be repaid in full within twenty working days of the date of cancellation. Please note that The Training Space Ltd will always endeavour to continue with an event where possible.
4.1. The Training Space Ltd reserves the right to change the location of a Conference or INSET from that originally arranged with The Client if we believe it is necessary to do so. Should this become necessary, The Training Space Ltd will make all reasonable efforts to inform the client of any change of location as soon as possible.
4.2. The Training Space Ltd reserves the right to find alternative suppliers, trainers, consultants, venues and/or contributors, in the event of accident, sickness, unforeseen circumstances, and any other issue arising, to ensure that continuity of service is maintained and objectives achieved.
- PAYMENT TERMS The Client agrees to pay The Training Space Ltd in full for all invoiced products or services no later than twenty eight days of the invoice date. Payments are required by cheque or bank transfer, made payable The Training Space Ltd. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to interest and compensation under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 if we are not paid according to our agreed credit terms. Where payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date, The Training Space reserves the right to apply interest charges at BoE Base Rate +8% and compensation arising from late payment under section 5A of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. VAT is not applied to any printed educational material. All other products or services are subject to VAT unless otherwise stated.
- 6. CHANGES TO TERMS The Training Space Ltd reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice.
- SPECIFIC DELEGATE DIETARY / ACCESS REQUIREMENTS The Training Space Ltd asks to be made aware of dietary needs or access requirements at least fourteen days in advance of the event that includes the provision of refreshments where applicable.
- 8. LIABILITY The Training Space Ltd cannot accept liability for items lost, stolen or damaged whilst attending an The Training Space event. The Client agrees to abide by the Health & Safety Regulations of the venue or locations being provided. 1 The Training Space Ltd is not liable for any consequential or indirect loss suffered by you, whether it arises from breach of a duty in contract, tort or in any other way including negligence. Non-exhaustive illustrations on consequential or indirect loss would be loss of profits; loss of contracts; loss of goodwill; liability to third parties.
8.2 Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information contained in the The Training Space Ltd courses and courseware is accurate, the material is of a general nature and not intended to be a substitute for specialist advice. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the content of the training, either delivered on the day or associated material, will be suitable to your circumstances or adequate to meet your particular requirements. Accordingly, we will not be liable for any losses or damages that may arise from the use of learning points from the training day or associated material.
- 9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any materials remain vested in The Training Space Ltd unless explicit consent is given. All presentation/reference materials and equipment provided are and shall remain the sole property and copyright of The Training Space Ltd. Where infringement of The Training Space Ltd’s or its associates’ Copyright or Intellectual Property Rights is determined, full compensation will be pursued through legal channels for all assumed direct and indirect damages.
No amendment to these Terms of Business may be made unless expressly accepted by us in writing.